There are just 3 simple Steps!
Donating is as easy as…
1. Contact Us
Fill out the car donation form below or call us at 999-999-999
2. Schedule Pickup
Schedule your fast, free, vehicle pickup at a time and place convenient for you.
3. Receive Tax Deduction
Receive your IRS tax-deductible receipt and save on taxes when you donate your cars for nonprofit organizations!
What Types of Vehicles Can I Donate?
We accept many types of vehicles – in running or non-running condition! Not sure if your vehicle can be accepted?
Give us a call at 866-634-8395.
- Recreational Vehicles (RVs), Motorhomes, Campers, Travel Trailers, Pop-Up Trailers, Fifth Wheels, Toy Haulers
- Cars, Trucks, Vans, SUVs
- Sailboats, Motorboats, Fishing Boats, Yachts, Pontoon Boats, Houseboats, Personal Watercraft, Watercraft Trailers
- Motorcycles, Motorbikes, Scooters, Mobility Vehicles, Motorized Wheelchairs
- Commercial Fleet Vehicles
- Golf Carts, ATVs, OTVs, Snowmobiles, Riding-Lawn Mowers, Farm Equipment, Airplanes
How Tax Deductions Work
To claim your tax deduction, you must itemize your deductions on your tax return. The charitable deduction applies for the tax year during which you submitted your online donation form, even if the vehicle isn’t picked up until after the start of the following year. After selling your donated vehicle at the highest price, we send you a 100 percent tax-deductible receipt indicating the sale price of your vehicle.
- If your vehicle sells for less than $500, you can claim the selling price or the vehicle’s fair market value up to $500. Calculate the fair market value by using a reputable used-car price guide and/or checking prices online for vehicles of the same make, model, year and condition.
- If the vehicle sells for more than $500, you can claim only the exact amount for which it sold, even if the fair market value is greater than the selling price.
To claim a vehicle donation tax deduction, you must have documentation. NCS Vehicle Donations sends you a written acknowledgment that includes your name, a description of the vehicle, the VIN (vehicle identification number), the donation date, the selling price of your vehicle, and a statement that no goods or services were received in return for your donation.
Various tax forms are required based on the value of your donation.
- If you’re claiming a deduction up to $500, you must keep our written acknowledgement with your tax paperwork.
- If you’re claiming a deduction greater than $500, you must attach our written acknowledgement or completed Tax Form 1098-C (Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes) to your tax return. Plus, you are required to complete Section A of Tax Form 8283 (Noncash Charitable Contributions).
- If you’re claiming a deduction greater than $5,000, you must attach completed Section B of Tax Form 8283 (Noncash Charitable Contributions). You may be required to obtain a written appraisal of your vehicle, as well.
We recommend that you consult a tax advisor or the IRS for more specific information about charitable contributions.
Review the IRS Publication: A Donor’s Guide to Car Donations
Questions? Contact us or call (866) 829-2918 for help with tax deduction issues.