Improving and empowering the community by meeting everyday needs
As LifeSpan’s educational affiliate, The Beacon Institute is the leader in education for senior care and service providers. We provide expert educational programs to professionals, caregivers and providers in support of advancing knowledge across the adult lifespan. We train thousands annually on critical issues in our own Handelman Conference Center as well as host the largest annual senior care conference for the Mid-Atlantic region.
As the nationâ€™s childrenâ€™s hospital, the mission of Childrenâ€™s National Health System is to excel in Care, Advocacy, Research and Education. We accomplish this through:
- Providing a quality health care experience for our patients and families
- Improving health outcomes for children regionally, nationally and internationally
- Leading the creation of innovative solutions to pediatric health challenges
We also know that making diversity and inclusion a priority is critical to achieving our mission.
Operation Freedom Ministries (OFM) is a Christian nonprofit organization here to meet the community needs for all people. We strongly believe that everyone has a right to be fed spiritually, physically, and emotionally.
Don’t tell me how much you know; show me how much you you care. Everyone deserves a helping hand.
PURPOSE – In return for their service and sacrifices made for our country, AFF believes veterans, military service members, and their families are deserving of support that empowers and enables them to lead confident and productive lives.
MISSION – AFF honors, serves and supports veterans, military service members, and their families by creating awareness and building support of their service, sacrifice and needs through partnerships with military focused organizations.
VISION – AFF is, and always will be, relentlessly driven to bettering the lives of veterans, military service members, and their families.
The mission of Hope With Love is to connect vulnerable people experiencing poverty to services to help prevent and end homelessness. Hope With Love provides leadership training and development to improve outcomes for underprivileged children, provides a communication hub to increase awareness and access to existing social services, and provides an annual award for an organization’s exemplary collaboration with other organizations to improve the lives of the poor and oppressed.
1. To provide for those who have served, a pathway to lifestyle independence.
2. To provide the means to train, and support, military veterans along their journey.
3. To connect military veterans with the resources needed to achieve their independence.
4. To connect veterans with other veterans to re-establish self-esteem and self-worth.
5. To demonstrate to the general public, the need to support our veterans.
6. To provide a way for individuals and businesses to help meet the needs of veterans.
7. To establish, throughout the country, locations mirroring each other in support of veterans.
8. To encourage veterans organizations and groups to act in unison in support of veterans.